WDPS Seeks Part-Time Firefighters
The Waverly Department of Public Safety (Police and Fire) is accepting applications for the position of Part Time (Paid Per Call) Firefighter. Part-time Firefighters respond to all fire related calls for service within the City of Waverly and would be available on an on-call basis as needed. Training and equipment are provided.
The application process includes a physical ability test, oral interview, and extensive background check. Successful candidates will undergo drug screening. Minimum Requirements include:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be a high school graduate or possess equivalence;
- Have a valid TN driver’s license;
- Not have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or to any violation of any federal or state laws or city ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor and other alcoholic beverages or controlled substances;
- Have good moral character as determined by a thorough background investigation.
- Work and/or reside in or near the City of Waverly and have availability for on-call status.
Applications can be picked up at the Waverly Police Department or downloaded at www.waverlypublicsafety.com. Submit application via mail or in person to:
Chief of Public Safety
103 East Main St.
Waverly, TN 37185
Questions concerning the application process may be directed to Chief Grant Gillespie at 931-296-4300.
The City of Waverly is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.