Waverly Public Safety News
Open Certified Police Officer Position
The Waverly Department of Public Safety-Police and Fire is accepting applications for the position of Public Safety Officer (Police Officer). The Department of Public Safety is a 24 hour full service Police and Fire Department. Because of the unique mission of the department, Public Safety Officers are required to perform both law enforcement and firefighting duties. All Public Safety Officers are required to complete the Basic Police Academy and Basic Fire Academy. Public Safety Officers are required to work shift work and are on call 24/7.
The application process includes a physical ability test, written police entry exam, oral interview panel and extensive background check. Successful candidates will undergo drug screening, physical and psychological exams and polygraph. Details of the process will be provided to applicants.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years;
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be a high school graduate or possess equivalence;
- Have a valid TN driver’s license;
- Current TN P.O.S.T certification (or equivalent);
- Not have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or to any violation of any federal or state laws or city ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor and other alcoholic beverages or controlled substances;
- Not have been released or discharged under other than honorable discharge from any of the armed forces of the United States;
- Have good moral character as determined by a thorough background investigation
Application packets can be picked up at the Waverly Police Department or downloaded at www.waverlypublicsafety.com.
Applications will be accepted through Noon on Friday, July 3, 2020.
Submit application packet, cover letter and resume via mail or in person to:
Chief of Public Safety
103 East Main St.
Waverly, TN 37185
Questions concerning the application process or the compensation and benefits package may be addressed to Chief Grant Gillespie at 931-296-4300.
The City of Waverly is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is a drug-free workplace.
Download the employment application here.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.