Waverly Public Safety News
Now Hiring: Police Officer
The Waverly Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer/Public Safety Officer. The City of Waverly offers a competitive pay and benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance, vacation, and sick leave. Retirement is offered through TCRS (Pension based plan) and an optional 401k.
Pay range for uncertified applicants is $38,480 - $39,520 and for POST certified applicants $39,520-$40,560. Optional firefighting supplement pay is $6,432 annually.
Other benefits include 10-hour shifts/4-day work week and a take home vehicle program. Overtime is available and all uniforms, training and equipment are provided.
Application packets can be picked up at the Waverly Police Department or downloaded at www.waverlypublicsafety.com. Applications will be accepted until Friday, January 6, 2023, at noon, or until the position is filled. The application process includes a physical agility test, written police entry exam, oral interview panel and extensive background check. Successful candidates will undergo drug screening, physical and psychological exams. Details of the process will be provided to applicants.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be a high school graduate or possess equivalence.
- Have a valid TN driver’s license.
- Current TN P.O.S.T certification (or equivalent) preferred.
- Not have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or to any violation of any federal or state laws or city ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor and other alcoholic beverages or controlled substances.
- Not have been released or discharged under other than honorable discharge from any of the armed forces of the United States.
- Have good moral character as determined by a thorough background investigation.
Chief of Police
103 East Main St.
Waverly, TN 37185
Questions concerning the application process, or the compensation and benefits package may be addressed to Chief Grant Gillespie, or Captain Devin Elliott at 931-296-4300.
The City of Waverly is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.