The Waverly Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. Police Officers are required to complete the Basic Police Academy. Officers are required to work shift work and are on call 24/7.
The application process includes a physical ability test, written police entry exam, oral interview panel and extensive background check. Successful candidates will undergo drug screening, physical and psychological exams. Details of the process will be provided to applicants.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years;
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be a high school graduate or possess equivalence;
- Have a valid TN driver’s license;
- Current TN P.O.S.T certification (or equivalent) preferred;
- Not have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or to any violation of any federal or state laws or city ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor and other alcoholic beverages or controlled substances;
- Not have been released or discharged under other than honorable discharge from any of the armed forces of the United States;
- Have good moral character as determined by a thorough background investigation
The City of Waverly offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance, vacation and sick leave, and optional firefighting supplement pay.
Application packets can be picked up at the Waverly Police Department or downloaded here.
Applications will be accepted immediately until the position is filled.
Submit application packet, cover letter and resume via mail or in person to:
Chief of Police
103 East Main St.
Waverly, TN 37185
Questions concerning the application process, or the compensation and benefits package may be addressed to Chief Grant Gillespie, or Captain Devin Elliott at 931-296-4300.
The City of Waverly is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is a drug-free workplace.